Sunday, November 25, 2007

One More Chance - 2007


Category: Movies

Genre: Love

Director: Cathy Garcia Molina

Overview and Review of One More Chance directed by Cathy Garcia Molina

Why I decided to watch this? A couple of people I know recommended the movie to me. (mind you, those people weren't into these kind of movies). They were gushing about the movie (ate kai kaw ha!).

I watched it with the girls which makes it fun.

The story actually revolves around Popoy (John Lloyd Cruz) and Basha (Bea Alonzo) who were planning to get married. They met as students in a certain university and did everything together. The perfect couple - ika nga.

But then, Basha wanted to at least "do something for herself", she basically want to do a thing where she's the one who gets to decide. Whatever it is she is doing Popoy would always have a say to it and she can't if he doesn't agree. The "controlling guy" in most relationships, yes. There's no doubt that Popoy only wants the best for Basha but still he could have at least given her "a say" in most matters. (BOYS! That's what girls needs! Support in every freakin way. Well not all the times but at least let HER breathe! Give her a chance to decide)

They broke up. Basha - wanting to find herself and do some things for herself without anyone trying to decide for her. *which is just right because she needs to learn how to appreciate herself this time before appreciating another person and sharing it. You can't give what you don't have*

Anyway, I won't divulge the whole plot.. since it won't be that exciting if you haven't watched it yet.

This movie is something different than other Pinoy Love Flicks. They say it has a unique storyline and I was thinking they wouldn't end up together because it's unique nga.

Very comical. Janus' part is very vital here. Harhar. I love the bond of their group of friends. very fun to see a group like that. They help each other. Very supporting. :)

The lines are all "quotable quotes".

Unforgettable line:

"You had me at my best. She had me at my worst."

and more. Just watch it.

No comments: