Monday, August 27, 2007

Bourne Ultimatum - 2007

Category: Movies

Genre: Thriller

Directed by: Paul Greengrass

Taglines: This Summer Jason Bourne Comes Home

Cast: Matt Damon, Julia Stiles, David Strathairn, Scott Glenn, Joan Allen and more..

Based on a book by Robert Ludlum.

A review and overview of Bourne Ultimatum the last of the Trilogy written by Robert Ludlum and directed by Paul Greengrass.

A London-based reporter named Simon Ross is trying to unveil the Operation BlackBriar- the upgrade of the Private Treadstone series in the newspaper columns. In the course of doing so, Jason Bourne is once again brought out from hiding when he decides to meet up with Simon Ross since they were followed and scanned. What Bourne got from the reporter Ross stirred up memories from the past and he must try to uncover his dark past while he tries to avoid the group that wanted him dead.

Love the action, the pacing of the story, the thrill or suspense, and the intelligent dialog. The movie makes you feel you are involved and gives you the feeling of "being-there-on-the-scene" because of the angle and how it was shot. It tends to be quite "dizzying"(or maybe I was just sleepy when I watched the movie because I was busy and lacked sleep the whole week) because he is always on the run and most of the scenes are somehow "running-away" or "running-to", a game of "hide-and-seek".

The Bourne Ultimatum should be a standard of how thrilling trilogies should end. BEST. BEST.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seen this movie and all I could say is INTENSE and PULSE RUSHING!! Great movie for Matt Damon!!
The time I watched Bourne Ultimatum, I told myself that I'm gonna watch Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy AGAIN!! And I did!!
It's an awesome movie!!