Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Australia - 2008


Category : Movie

Genre: Adventure / Drama / History

Director: Baz Luhrmann

Writers: Stuart Beattie, Baz Luhrmann


Producers: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Bazmark Films, Screenwest

Tagline: The moment they came together was the moment the world blew apart.


Cast: Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Brandon Walters, David Gulpill, Tony Barry, David Wenham, Wa Yuen, Jack Thompson, Bryan Brown, Ben Mendelsohn, Jacek Koman, Sandy Gore, Arthur Dignam,


Overview and Review of the movie Australia directed by Baz Lyhrmann

Before the beginning of World War II, an English aristocrat named Sarah Ashley(Nicole Kidman) inherits a huge cattle station in northern Australia when her husband Lord Maitland Ashley died. English cattle barons King Carney wants to take her land, and when she found out about this she joins forces with Drover (Hugh Jackman) to drive 2,000 head of cattle across the country's most unforgiving land.

It was a bit long but I was hooked to the story. I love all the characters. I am even attracted to Drover's personality. *sigh.. swoons* I like the soundtrack which was specifically made for the movie, great screenplay..
I love the accent. I love the kid's singing. Every character was engaging. I specially enjoyed King George and Nallah

One of the best movie's ive seen so far..

No comments: