Monday, January 8, 2007

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

Summary & REVIEW of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


CAtegory: Books
Genre: Classic
Author: Jane Austen

I am so intrigued with this book. Everytime, I’m in some forum they usually recommend this book.

And now I will tell you.. and “shew” you what it is like to read this acclaimed book.

At first, I wasn’t thrilled when I was reading the first few chapters. It talks about balls, girls, mother-wanting-to-let-her-daughter-marry-some-rich-lad, and too English-y for me.

Or it was just the fact I got used with Meg Cabot’s easy writing that I suddenly want to read more Cabot’s… oops.. I’m talking about Austen’s.

Anyway, just read on because the ending sure is great. I appreciated the whole book because of how it ended. It was just soo nice.

You would then appreciate the different characters and all that. The amiable father, the ever ill-mannered (who improved in the end) and sometimes crazy mother, the very noble, beautiful firstborn Jane, the most-beloved daughter(of their father) Elizabeth, the bookworm Mary, the flirty Kitty and the foolish 16 yr. old Lydia, the nice man Mr. Bingley, the kinda-proud Mr. Darcy (who is really nice when deeply known), the foolish man Mr. Wickham, the Gardiners, Lady Catherine, Miss Bingley, Charlotte, Mr. Collins, the Philip’s, the Lucases…

Each possessed a different trait. Each played a nice role. Classic. -_-

No comments: