Friday, December 3, 2010

Lasher - Anne Rice


Category: Books

Author: Anne Rice

Genre: Witchcraft


This book starts after the mysterious disappearance of Rowan Mayfair. Then there's the sexually adventurous Mona Mayfair who seems to be more powerful than Rowan.

This is the first of the Anne Rice books I've read. I have lots in my bookshelf but haven't got time to finish them. I found out this was the second book of the series. So... i was a bit lost. Mhmmmm... it's dark and sensual. Gory sometimes but not too much. Kinda maddeningly weird.

Convos from the Book:

Michael: Beatrice is perfect. You need a woman for Aaron who appreciates a gentleman, don't you think?
Mona: Uncle, there's no such thing a s a woman who doesn't appreciate a gentleman.
Michael: Do you know everything?
Mona: Nope. Wish I did, but then again... who would want to know everything? God must be bored. What do you think?
Michael: I can't figure it out. You're a firecracker Mona.
Mona: Wait till you see me in a flannel nightgown.

I never want to touch alcohol, or drugs in any form, I want my mind like a scythe.

No comments: