Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Bronx Tale - 1993


Category: Movie

Genre:
Crime, Drama, Family

Director:
Robert De Niro

Writer:
Chazz Palminteri

Producer: Price Entertainment, Penta Entertainment, Tribeca Productions

Tagline:
One man lives in the neighborhood, another man owns it. A devoted father battles the local crime boss for the life of his son.

Cast:
Robert De Niro, Chazz Palminteri, Lilo Brancato, Francis Capra, Taral Hicks, Kathrine Narducci, Clem Caserta, Alfred Sauchell Jr., Frank Pietrangolare, Joe Pesci, Robert D`Andrea, Fred Fishcer, Dave Salerno, and more.



Summary and Review of the movie A Bronx Tale.

Sonny the gangster is the big man in Calogero's Bronx neighborhood. Calogero always admired Sonny. One day, Calogero witnessed a shooting wherein he was asked to testify against Sonny but he did not implicate Sonny. It started a lasting bond between the gangster and Calogero which his father, a bus driver named Lorenzo disapproves.


It's quite a slow movie, but I like it. It's simple. No need for effects but the story gets to you. Each character gets to you. It's deeply moving. And I think this movie is one of the best underrated movies. About wasted talents, father and son, friendship, loyalty, and more.

Quotes I Like:

Lorenzo: The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.
Calogero: Sonny and my father always said that when I get older I would understand. Well, I finally did. I learned something from these two men. I learned to give love and get love unconditionally. You just have to accept people for what they are, and I learned the greatest gift of all. The saddest thing in life is wasted talent, and the choices that you make will shape your life forever. But you can ask anybody from my neighborhood, and they'll just tell you this is just another Bronx tale.

No comments: