Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Iron Man - 2008


Category: Movies

Genre: Comics


Director: Jon Favreau

Stars: Robert Downey Jr.,

A review and overview of the movie Iron Man (2008) Directed by Jon Favreau

This is a film based on the Marvel Comics character named Iron Man.

This film stars Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) a billionaire industrialist, C.E.O. of Stark Enterprises and a master engineer who built a powered exoskelon after a life-threatening incident and became the superhero Iron Man.

I decided not to watch it at first because I thought it would be "just another movie" I could miss watching on the big screen and prolly I could just wait and settle for DVD's later on. But, since my bro and sis were persistent... I watched it with them.

I like the pacing of the movie. I like the musical score which I found out was specially made and was character inspired. Robert Downey Jr., did a great job portraying Tony Stark as the famous playboy and as Iron Man himself. Often humorous and sarcastic at times. I like the CGI: effects and all that. It was jussssttt great. I love every minute of it and did I say I enjoyed the musical score (just want to stress that out) ?

I read reviews about they did not nothing to alter the real story of the comic book which made the Iron Man fans fuss over it. And the movie was actually good for all those who never read the comics (like moi).

Lesson I got from the movie: Tony Stark's purpose/mission to continue his father's legacy and also when he finally knew what he wanted to do, after the life-threatening eye-opening incident.


May 6, 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know someone else who thought they wouldn't like this movie but they actually ended up really enjoying it! And they didn't read the comics either :P I'm gonna try to see it on DVD :)