Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Only Thing Between Us - Pamela Santos

Category: Book

Genre: Love


Author: Pamela Santos


Overview and Review of The Only Thing Between Us by Pamela Santos

image of the book: to follow

Finished reading: April 5, 2008.

This book actually started as a short story over at GirlTalk Forum where I used to frequent back in 2005 and I stumbled in Pam's short story. It's been making a scene over at Girl Talk and everyone's talking about "how kilig" and nice the story goes. So, almost everyone told Pamela Santos (including me) that we hope she makes it into a book. And now, the dream of Pamela Santos finally came true. It's published! And of course a few weeks after it was published (I have to order since SM Davao doesn't have the book yet) finally I have my very own copy.

This is a story of Bianca and Ryan who were childhood friends, and are often mistaken as boyfriend and girlfriend when they were in High School. They are the Best of Friends. But one day Ryan found Josephine and had her as his girlfriend and Bianca was even the bridge for the two of them to get together. Bianca wonders why she is jealous of Josephine and finds out she broke their golden rule: she is in love with Ryan.

A series of circumstances brings them away or back to each other's arms like meddling parents, friends, a golden rule, third-parties, a series of miscommunication, long distance or geographical differences, and a whole lot more. With everything that stands between them, the question is: "Would they finally end up together?"

If you've read a lot of novels and love stories that are pretty much Westernized and you like them, this would be different. It's a totally "pinoy" setting and everything about it screams "Pinay Pinay Pinay". Why? Because it sure shows a lot of things about being a Filipino, say for example: the meddling parents *we all know the reason for this and it's because they only want what is good for us* (so Pinoy di ba?), the reunions *with everybody in the clan present*, pasalubongs, the family outings during summer. A refreshing story to be "kilig" over at. Pamela sure knows where and when to capture a teenager's heart. It made me "kilig" a few times and if it weren't for all those books I've read I would've been "kilig" all the time. It has a unique ending and you would envy the friendship bond Bianca had with Ryan wishing you share the same thing with someone. This book makes you feel at home and warm at heart.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, interesting. i'll look for this book in the bookstore. i just finished reading Cecelia Ahern's If You Could See Me Now. have you read that? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Unknown said...

i started reading this story when pam first posted this in GT and i'm glad her dream of publishing a book has finally come true. i wanted to get my copy of this but it seems its still not available in this city. i'd better try looking for one later 'coz i wanna know what happened to bianca and ryan's story.

Anonymous said...

very interesting!!sayang,wala dito,waaahhh!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging as far as something that singular model. The prices seeking the velcros are about 240 dollars on every page. But for all I base this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

What is the real site of the girltalk forum? I wanna read it pls.

Anonymous said...

hi bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices as regards the boots are about 220 dollars on every page. But for all I set this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that singular model. The prices as regards the sneakers were around 250 dollars on every page. But completely I found this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

chanchalkiran said...

Is eBook available for there is something between us. How can I buy it in india