Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift - 2006


Category: Movie

Genre: Car Racing


Director: Justin Lin


Writer: Chris Morgan


Tagline:
If You Ain't Outta Control, You Ain't In Control.
Rated PG 13

Casts:

Lukas Black as Sean Boswell
Lil Bow Wow as Twinkie
Han as Sung Kang

Overview and Review of Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift directed by Justin Lin
.

Avoiding a jail sentence in America when Sean Boswell got into trouble racing(race accident), he was sent to live with his father in Tokyo who happens to be in the Navy. When he arrived he discovers a different kind of racing in Tokyo. Sean and his racing ego met a match named D.K. (Drift King a.k.a. Donkey Kong by my brother) here who got ties with the Yakuza.

Can't say much for the summary without divulging the whole story, because that's pretty much about it. If you are looking for a great "storyline" you really would not find it here. What you would find would be non-stop car show, cool drifters (really really nice specially when they all lined up and were not racing), and Japanese girls in those skimpy clothes.

I seemed to notice Sean always gets into trouble here when it comes to a girl. Tsk. Tsk. Although the start was a little bit too worldly for my taste. But, heck the cars and the race sure would take your breath away.

It had an effect of me thinking of drifting while passing "curvy roads".

Line I like:

Sean: Why'd you let me race your car? You knew I was gonna wreck it.
Han: Why not?
Sean: 'Cause that's a lot of money.
Han:
I have money. What I need around me is trust and character. And one car in exchange for finding out what a man's made of is a price I can live with.


No comments: