Thursday, April 3, 2008

Juno - 2007


Category: Movies

Genre: Young Adult


Director: Jason Reitman


Writer: Diablo Cody
*won an Oscar for Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen*


Overview and REview of Juno directed by Jason Reitman.


Rated: PG 13

Cast of Characters: Ellen Page (Juno MacGuff), Michael Cera (Paulie Bleeker), Jennifer Garner (Vanessa Loring), Jason Bateman (Mark Loring), Allison Janney (Bren MacGuff), J.K. Simmons (Mac MacGuff), Olivia Thirlby (Leah)

Juno, a sixteen year old girl named after the wife of Zeus is the type who tends to be different thus never conforming to the rest of kids in her school. She is also sarcastic in a funny way and witty at the same time (I like her one-liners). She has a best friend named Paulie Bleeker who is a track racer. The two of them, Juno and Paulie are in the same band together. This movie started off with the two of them experimenting sexually at a couch for one time.

This movie is not good for people who are close minded. They would just look at the situation and freak out about it. But to most, it's actually a learning experience. Just look beyond the situation. The unconditional love the parents had for Juno and the undying support of Juno's best friend. It's like being pregnant without having to. It's fun in a dorky{no pun intended} kind of way.

I like the original songs they play, specially their theme song. Cute cute. I like the setting specially the "summertime" part(although I had trouble there because I thought those cherries bloom during spring, got my confirmation because it was one of the factual errors cited in IMDB). I also like the cinematography.

Lines *courtesy of IMDB*:
Juno: I'm pregnant.
Leah: What? Honest to blog?
Juno: Yeah. Yeah, it's Bleekers.
Leah: It's probably just a food baby. Did you have a big lunch?
Juno: No, this is not a food baby all right? I've taken like three pregnancy tests, and I'm forshizz up the spout.
Leah: How did you even generate enough pee for three pregnancy tests? That's amazing...
Juno: I don't know, I drank like, ten tons of Sunny D... Anyway dude, I'm telling you I'm pregnant and you're acting shockingly cavalier.
Leah: Is this for real? Like, for real for real?
Juno: Unfortunately, yes.
Leah: Oh my GOD. Oh shit! Phuket, Thailand!
Juno: There we go. That was kind of the emotion that I was searching for on the first take.


Vanessa: You think you're really going to do this?
Juno: Yea, if I could just have the thing and give it to you now, I totally would. But I'm guessing it looks probably like a sea monkey right now and we should let it get a little cuter.


*watched it April 3, 2008 with Ate Jill, Ate Kai, Yheyhe, Nuth2x @ home when we had a slumber party. Hehe.*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fwe of my friends found Juno to be particularly bad, though I found it quite charming.

Marjie said...

Ooohh....Juno. Definitely one of my must see movies. Ellen Paige surely did do a fabulous job for earning a nomination, it's worth a good watch :)