Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Red Tent - Anita Diamant

Category: Books

Genre :Historical Fiction

Author: Anita Diamant

In the Bible, Dinah's life only hinted a brief and violent detour in the book of Genesis. This exquisite novel reveals the traditions and turmoils of ancient womanhood--the world of the red tent. It begins with the story of her mothers--Leah, Rachel, Zilpah, and Bilhah--the four wives of Jacob.


One of the best novels about the feminine I've ever read. Although, it's pretty much a historical fiction, you can't help but consider that, maybe just maybe it can be true.

It fills you with love and can sometimes crush your heart as what Dinah has to go through... ahhh i love it. I had my bouts of crying and most of the time wonder of the olden times as I read and devour the book. I enjoyed the often mystical way of passing on the tradition about womanhood. Anita Diamant is also a very good story teller and I love how she strings the words and stories.

Photo Source: Sluiternation

No comments: