Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Predators - 2010

Category: Movie

Genre: Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi

Writer: Alex Litvak, Michael Finch,

Director: Nimrod Antal

Producer: Twentieth Century Fox

Cast: Adrien Brody, Laurence Fishburne, Topher Grace, Alice Braga, Walton Goggins, Oleg Taktarov, Danny Trejo and more.

Tagline: The most dangerous killers on the planet... but this is not our planet.

8 men(woman)  of different backgrounds, a mercenary, a military, a soldier, a criminal, a militia, a drug lord, a yakuza and a doctor, finds themselves waking up after a free fall in an unknown jungle. Walking around the jungle, they discover that they are on a different planet and that they are prey of of merciless aliens called Predators in a deadly hunting game.

Well, I never expected to be quite taken with the film. Well, not exactly taken... but you know, I kind of enjoyed the unexpected turn around in the end. And here I am, thinking I'd know which is which. For some parts, I did, but then I never expected the end. ;) If you know what I mean.

Anyway, effects, was good. Cinematography, is great. It moves in an exhilarating pace. There's good enough reason, they never showed those effin predators at the beginning, because it added up to the whole thrill of it. Played on people's fears, "the unknown".
I did guessed who would be left after the film would be over. (favorite game i play, whenever I watch something).

I know a lot are disappointed because they were pre-judging it over the previous "Predator" film. But, i feel it's a good re-imagining of the film. Of course, the original may deem to be better. But, this one can stand on its own as well - for me. :)

Photo Source: Teaser Trailer

No comments: