Monday, October 27, 2014

Time of My Life - Cecelia Ahern

Category: Books

Genre: Chick Literature

Author: Cecelia Ahern

 Lucy Silchester's life is stuck in a rut and she is currently living a life full of lies while pretending to everyone she's okay. Three years after her breakup with her beloved boyfriend Blake, she pretended and managed to convince herself she was over him. But, apparently her life was stuck. So, Life decided to show up and show her how she is messing their lives.

What would you do if your Life is a person who mirrors how you live your life? What would your Life look like? Lucy's life was a horrible little man when she first met him and she hated her Life so much. She didn't even want to set up another meeting with her Life. Now Lucy and Life is on a mission....

Ever since, reading the previous novels of Ahern, Where Rainbows End and If You Could See Me Now, I got hooked with her writing. I don't even bother read what is the story about. Haha. Just mentally remembering the title of the book whether I bought it already or not. I am like that when I really fancy the author!

Anyway, this could be one of my favorites from her yet! Well, the other two got their own charm.... but this one is equally riveting and endearing.

The first few chapters were actually annoying. Sorry about that! The... "Okay. I lied." parts of Lucy because it actually confused me for awhile.Actually, the first few chapters were boring.... but, actually it was supposed to be that way because you can see Lucy has been living a very mechanical and meaningless life.

This is a very good book for people whose lives are stuck in a rut, for people healing after a breakup in a bad way and did not allow himself/herself to grieve but pretended everything was okay after everything.

This actually made me cry (boohoo!), because I got to reflect about... yeah ... how about if my Life would meet up with me...? Would I be excited? Would I hate him/her? How would I feel? Would I actually love spending time with my Life?

It's a really cute concept Ahern placed in this one story... pretty similar to If You Could See Me Now... only with a different "magical/modern" agency.





1 comment:

Juan said...

Hello everyone! I'm writing this article to appreciate the good work of DR OGALA that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR OGALA. I also decided to contact him for help because all I wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother. Am happy today that he helped me and I can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend?  Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR OGALA should contact him via E-mail: ogalasolutiontemple@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via WhatsApp +2349123794867