Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Before Sunrise - 1995


Category: Movie

Genre: Drama / Romance


Director: Richard Linklater


Writer: Richard Linklater / Kim Krizan


Tagline: Jump on and live a Eurorail journey you will never forget!


Cast: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy

Overview and Review of the movie Sunrise writted and directed by Richard Linklater.


First off, I'd like to thank an angel, Xan for sharing me this film.

Jesse(Ethan Hawke) an American tourist and Celine(Julie Delpy), a French student met by chance on the train from Budapest to Vienna. Sensing that they have a certain connection and the great, Jesse asks Celine to jump off the train and spend the day with him in Vienna, and she agrees. They were just passing the time before Jesse's scheduled flight the next morning.

Do you think its ever possible to intimately connect to a stranger for over a day? What is this special thing that bonds these two stranger so strongly?

I find it raw and very real and it was brilliant that those emotions are so evident in film and you don't get that nowadays. And the connection that the two actors have in the movie, you can feel it as well. The whole movie actually revolved around the two of them just conversing. It wasn't boring, because the lines were all good. And to say "good" is an understatement. I can identify with the characters, the emotions, the ideals, the philosophies. This touched my heart and I can almost feel what I felt when sharing that with someone. :) *brings back memories* *made me cry and sends shivers to my spine* Very good screenplay.

This also reminds me I need to get on the EURORAIL one of these days... mhmm.. :)


Just watch it and experience for yourself. :)

No comments: